Bushidokan – Home of Ohana 2016
The Bushidokan Federation is a union of jujitsu dojos from around the world practicing the art of Dan Zan RyuZenyo Bujitsu. This system for effective self defense was originated by Professor Herb LaGue who began his martial arts studies in 1950, studying Boxing, Judo, Savatte, Aikido, Lama Pai, and Jujitsu. Dan Zan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu was formulated from these systems and uses a framework of Dan Zan Ryu Jujitsu to teach the principles of Zenyo, creating an effective self-defense system. Danzan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu is a systematic way to eliminate fear through building self-confidence. This is accomplished by serving and healing others. Danzan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu creates curiosity and stimulates one’s natural inherent characteristics to explore and create. People are drawn to Danzan-Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu by their natural survival instinct……
Danzan-Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu teaches all techniques, striking, kicking, joint locking, throwing, and ground fighting techniques. Throwing techniques are designed to dump the opponent such that he cannot break his fall, while avoiding grappling situations. Characteristic are its powerful long range whipping arm strikes typically combined with blocks – as symbolized by the Tibetan drum with two beads attached by thread.
We operate under these principles that ensure autonomy among our dojos (click here to locate a school near you) …..
1. Cage fighting or pit fighting is not a Sport , not a Martial Art, and it is not Jujitsu.
2. The responsibility of teaching and promoting their students belongs to each Sensei in their own school.
3. This Federation teaches the complete Dan Zan Ryu Jujitsu system to their students while the Esoteric Arts of Zenyo Bujutsu are only taught within this Federation with exceptions given by Senior Professor Herb LaGue.
4. This Federation knows that only through honest interactions and the willingness to appreciate the differences among each of us can the heart of martial arts be transmitted and demonstrated as a character development system.
5. Following Prof. Estes’ protocol at the rank of Godan the Title of Professor will be given.
6. Senior Professor Herb LaGue, other Bushidokan Federation Professors and high ranking Bushidokan Federation Black Belts will witness exams (if invited by the students’ Sensei) and sign the rank certificate if they wish to but the students Sensei promotes their own students. The Bushidokan Federation will recognize the rank of a Bushidokan Federation Senseis’student up to one rank below the Senseis’ rank.
7. With input from Federation Profs. and Senior Federation Black Belts, Senior Professor Herb LaGue as Shodai will Promote Bushidokan Federation Sensei.
8. Our definition of Ohana (family) is that we provide the medium for improving each other to experience and communicate all true feelings, needs, dreams and goals within an atmosphere of unbreakable trust and loving acceptance. We must hold faith that when truth is discovered and shared, miracles happen.
9. Each one of us (in the Bushidokan Federation) will study and apply the esoteric principles of Dan Zan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu to the best of our understanding and ability.