The Bushidokan Federation was founded by Professor Herb LaGue – Judan – Shodai
The Bushidokan Federation is a union of jujitsu dojos from around the world practicing the art of DanZan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu. This system for effective self defense was originated by Professor Herb LaGue who began his martial arts studies in 1950, studying Boxing, Judo, Savatte, Aikido, Lama Pai, and Jujitsu. Dan Zan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu was formulated from these systems and uses a framework of Dan Zan Ryu Jujitsu to teach the principles of Zenyo, creating an effective self-defense system. Danzan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu is a systematic way to eliminate fear through building self-confidence. This is accomplished by serving and healing others. Danzan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu creates curiosity and stimulates one’s natural inherent characteristics to explore and create. People are drawn to Danzan-Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu by their natural survival instinct……
Danzan-Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu teaches all techniques, striking, kicking, joint locking, throwing, and ground fighting techniques. Throwing techniques are designed to dump the opponent such that he cannot break his fall, while avoiding grappling situations. Characteristic are its powerful long range whipping arm strikes typically combined with blocks – as symbolized by the Tibetan drum with two beads attached by thread.
We operate under these principles that ensure autonomy among our dojos (click here to locate a school near you) …..
1. Cage fighting or pit fighting is not a Sport , not a Martial Art, and it is not Jujitsu.
2. The responsibility of teaching and promoting their students belongs to each Sensei in their own school.
3. This Federation teaches the complete Dan Zan Ryu Jujitsu system to their students while the Esoteric Arts of Zenyo Bujutsu are only taught within this Federation with exceptions given by Senior Professor Herb LaGue.
4. This Federation knows that only through honest interactions and the willingness to appreciate the differences among each of us can the heart of martial arts be transmitted and demonstrated as a character development system.
5. Following Prof. Estes’ protocol at the rank of Godan the Title of Professor will be given.
6. Senior Professor Herb LaGue, other Bushidokan Federation Professors and high ranking Bushidokan Federation Black Belts will witness exams (if invited by the students’ Sensei) and sign the rank certificate if they wish to but the students Sensei promotes their own students. The Bushidokan Federation will recognize the rank of a Bushidokan Federation Senseis’ student up to one rank below the Senseis’ rank.
7. With input from Federation Profs. and Senior Federation Black Belts, Senior Professor Herb LaGue as Shodai will Promote Bushidokan Federation Sensei.
8. Our definition of Ohana (family) is that we provide the medium for improving each other to experience and communicate all true feelings, needs, dreams and goals within an atmosphere of unbreakable trust and loving acceptance. We must hold faith that when truth is discovered and shared, miracles happen.
9. Each one of us (in the Bushidokan Federation) will study and apply the esoteric principles of Dan Zan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu to the best of our understanding and ability.
To Become a bushidokan.us Member go to the Join Link
Benefits of Joining the bushidokan.us Web Site
1. Access to exclusive bushidokan.us Members Videos and PDF Page under the Media link after log in to web site.
2. Bushidokan Federation Black Belt members may request a Bushidokan Federation Black Belt Rank Certificate.
3. Bushidokan.us members can be listed on the Black Belt Page. Bushidokan Federation Sensei, or Bushidokan Professors can contact Prof. Bobasan to add to or update Black Belt list.
click picture to enlarge
Prof. Julio Ulich Racz to Hachidan 8th Degree Black Belt
Prof. Alicia Karnes, Sensei Ni of Golden Sage Martial Arts to Godan 5th Degree Black Belt
with the Title of Professor, Shihan
While at Nikko Dojo in San Jose for a special class we ran into a student and friend “Franko” Ferris. Golden Sage Martial Arts Prof. Bobasan Promoted Alicia Karnes to the rank of Godan 5th Degree Black Belt with the Title of Professor in DanZan Ryu Zenyo Bujutsu. The Bushidokan International Federation also promoted her and we presented her with a Bushidokan Federation Certificate. Her other Senseis are Prof. Herb LaGue and Prof. Suki LaGue
Golden Sage Martial Arts has relocated to Monterey, California. Prof Bob (Bobasan) Karnes and Prof. Alicia Karnes , Sensei Ni, Godan, Shihan look forward to visiting Dojos while continuing to train in the Martial Arts and the Healing Arts of DanZan Ryu and DZR Zenyo Bujutsu. Web site and email address is below.
Missing our Sensei, Professor and dear friend Professor Burkhard “Bogi” Bohm
Burkhard (Bogi) Bohm and Family Tribute
These words are so true our heart is broken too. Bob and Alicia
My very good friend of the last 43 years has passed away.
Burkhard Bohm, was a cultured, educated, intelligent, and
meaningful person. An excellent father with accomplished
and wonderful children, a husband to an amazing wife
Debi Laport whose support cannot be appreciated by us
enough. A couple others should emulate.
…Bogi, studied jujitsu as if his life depended on it. Learning
all of DanZan Ryu jujitsu to it’s philosophical and martial depths.
His dojo The Feather River Kodenkan established in 1998 was
one of well-known repute with excellent students.
As a Professor of DanZan Ryu Jujitsu, his sound advice,
alternate points of view were always invaluable.
We could always trust what Bogi said and felt.
His Geo Hydrology business was helpful to the planet
and the people. His hand-built home was just an example
of the paradise he created for his family.
My deepest feelings of sympathy and support go to
his wife Debi and their children.
We could only hope to live a life as good as his.
….my heart is broken.
Professor Steve McLaughlin